About the RST
The NHS Revalidation Support Team (RST), part of Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust , is a Department of Health funded body, which exists to support the implementation of revalidation. The RST works in partnership with NHS England, the Department of Health (England), the GMC and designated bodies, to deliver an effective system of revalidation for doctors in England.
The RST's main aims are to:
- provide robust support to organisations and individual participation in appraisal and revalidation
- work with all stakeholders, including the GMC, the medical royal colleges and faculties and other professional bodies, to develop and promote co-ordinated, consistent, effective and appropriate revalidation arrangements
- establish and maintain co-operative links with revalidation systems emerging in the devolved administrations in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, to maintain a consistent approach throughout the UK.
The RST supports designated bodies and responsible officers to implement revalidation. This includes:
- supporting NHS England, responsible officers and designated bodies to develop the systems and processes to support the implementation of revalidation, and
- undertaking research to ensure that medical revalidation is implemented in a way that maximises the benefits for patients, doctors and employers.